July Workshop – Red, White & Blue

a2a2-2

Program Chair, Kathy Smith, was able to show us what will be made in the July workshop.  With the patriotic theme that goes with July – you will be making a table runner or small wall hanging with a flag theme.  Looks exciting.  Let Kathy know if you want                                                  to sign up.  Limited spaces.

This entry was posted in Updates. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to July Workshop – Red, White & Blue

1. Heidi says:

When the is date and time? I’m not a member yet but plan to join this summer or fall as we are fairly new to the area.

• admin says:

Heidi – the date is the 15th of July. I really don’t have any details. But, if you’re able to attend the meeting this evening, everything will be shared. Slots are usually limited, so it may, that it’s already full.

• Kathy Smith says:

Hi! Doris’ workshop will be held on Saturday, July 15th from 9:00 – 3:00 at Holy Trinity Presbyterian Church, 16245 Nacogdoches Rd. San Antonio. This church is just down Nacogdoches on the right-hand side from Walmart and Sonic just inside the 1604 loop.

The workshop starts at 9 and we usually take a lunch break around noon where everyone brings a potluck dish to share. We wrap up at 3.

I hope you are able to join us for the workshop.

It is not too late to sign up. Just show up a little before 9 tomorrow morning over at Holy Trinity with your fabric — we will have the required pattern and templates (or maybe you already have the X-block templates — you will need the 6 1/2″ and the 6 1/2″ mini OR the 7 1/2″ ones) available for sale at the class. In addition, the workshop fee is $35.00 payable to AHQG.
      To make table runner or placemats using the two 6 1/2″ X block templates you just need 1 yd. total assorted red fabric; 1 and 1/3 yd. total assorted neutrals; 1/2 yd total blues (table runner will require 1/4 yd. dark blue fabric and 1/4 yd. med blue fabric); 1/2 yd. fabric for border and 1 yd. for backing.
      So just dig into that red, white, and blue stash and plan to join us!

Hope to see you there. Please email me if you have any questions: ksmith@satx.rr.com

2. Anne Wickholm says:

Please send me the date, time, cost, and location of the workshop. I am sure this needed info is in a really obvious place on the guild website. But I am stretched for time, can you please humor me by sending me the info.
    Anne Wickholm (new member as of the June meeting)
    Thank you, in advance. :)

• admin says:

anne – I missed the June meeting and I couldn’t find a time in the July newsletter. I will search out Kathy smith and get the info. Then, if you’re at the meeting – I’ll make sure you aware of the details. Tom

• Kathy Smith says:

I hope you are able to join us for the workshop.

So just dig into that red, white, and blue stash and plan to join us!